What We Offer
Career Guidance services for students
Home based progams
Training and workshops
A full psycho-educational assessment is appropriate whenever there are concerns about a child’s learning ability or educational performance. Psycho-educational assessment involves the use of reliable measures that evaluate a child’s IQ (academic potential) and academic skills (such as reading, spelling, mathematics, written language, and oral language skills). A Psycho-educational assessment is comprised of at least two types of testing; psychometric and educational testing.
Commonly used Psychometric tests:
Depending on the age group and requirement of the individual, following tests are used:
Aptitude Tests: are the ability tests which bring out the individual’s mental capabilities depicted in the individual’s abstract reasoning, verbal reasoning, spatial reasoning, mechanical reasoning and numerical abilities.
Intelligence Test : are psychological tests that are designed to measure a variety of mental functions, such as reasoning, comprehension, and judgment; results show the range in which an individual’s cognitive abilities lie.
Personality Tests: depict various dimensions portraying the characteristic way in which a person behaves.
Psychometric (IQ) tests measure cognitive abilities such as:
Auditory and visual processing Language skills
Eye-hand co-ordination Planning ability
Verbal reasoning Perceptual and Spatial skills
Educational tests measure academic skills such as:
- Written expression
- Academic fluency (speed of reading, writing and calculating)
- Listening comprehension
- Oral expressive skills
Adaptive behaviour Test assess abilities in four major domains:
- Communication skills (skills required for expressive, receptive and written language skills)
- Daily Living skills (practical skills needed to take care of oneself and contribute to a household)
- Social skills (skills needed to get along with others, regulate emotions and behaviour as well as skills involved in leisure activities such as play).
- Motor Skills (fine and gross motor skills)
We offer comprehensive assessments for:
- School readiness
- Learning difficulties
- Developmental delay
- Intellectual disabilities
- Autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
We help children:
- Early intervention therapy
- Social skills training
- Anger and emotion regulation skills
- Behaviour management
- School based consultations
We help adolescents:
- Exam stress and learning difficulties
- Working memory and attention difficulties
- Self esteem
- Relationship and friendship issues
- Stress Counseling
- Body image issues
- Grief Counseling
- Depressive counseling
- Family conflict
- Personalities issues
STUDENT GUIDANCE PROGRAMME:
- Self awareness package
- Group Counselling sessions
- Personality development and guidance
- Motivational modules to tackle the problems of underachievement
- Tackling specific problems of the students (study habits, personality, adolescent problems etc.)
- Career talks on important careers
- Career planning exercise
ORIENTATION WORKSHOP FOR TEACHERS:
- The Orientation programme mainly consists of the following. However depending on the client institutions requirements we shape the programme accordingly.
- The Orientation workshop for teachers is a two days programme including exercises on skills and process of counselling and ways to use psychological tests in counselling.
- The aim of these workshops is to sensitize the teachers to the various problems of students and to develop an empathetic approach for dealing with them.
- Methods for remedial teaching are also discussed.
The Orientation programme mainly consists of the following:
- Ice breaking
- Need for Counselling and Guidance.
- The basic concept of guidance and counselling.
- Role and Qualities of an effective counsellor.
- Skills in counselling.
- Introduction to career counselling.
- Guidance and counselling process.
- Testing and non-testing techniques in guidance
Post Test Counselling:
Based on the results obtained from the tests given by the client/subject and the pre-test information intake, our trained and experienced counsellors chalk out a career chart befitting the complied profile of that individual. Accordingly, a Career Action Plan is discussed.
This Counselling session is conducted in the presence of the Parents / Guardians of the students, wherein various career options suiting the child are discussed.
- Gain insight into their personality type and communication preferences, using our proprietary profiling tool.
- Learn to recognise other people’s personality types and communication preferences.
- Learn to adjust your own communication approach based on need and situation.
- Understand barriers to effective communication and how to overcome them.
- Learn to use body language appropriately.
- Become a more effective communicator through the use and application of practical tools.
- Flexible length – sessions as short as 1-hour
- Cost effective – great group pricing
- Greatest impact in the shortest time
- Excellent Team Building Opportunity
- Certificate of Completion
- Comprehensive courseware